Gaffs of Truth


from One Who Creates with Alphabets

19 February 2007

The worst fear...

of a single writer living alone. At least he didn't have cats. Mine would eat me, I'm sure.

Mummified body found in front of blaring TV

Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:19am ET25
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Police called to a Long Island man's house discovered the mummified remains of the resident, dead for more than a year, sitting in front of a blaring television set.

The 70-year-old Hampton Bays, New York, resident, identified as Vincenzo Ricardo, appeared to have died of natural causes. Police said Saturday his body was discovered Thursday when they were called to the house over a burst water pipe.

"You could see his face. He still had hair on his head," Newsday quoted morgue assistant Jeff Bacchus as saying. The home's low humidity had preserved the body.

Officials could not explain why the electricity had not been turned off, considering Ricardo had not been heard from since December 2005.

Neighbors said when they had not seen Ricardo, who was diabetic and had been blind for years, they assumed he was in the hospital or a long-term care facility.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 21/2/07 21:25, Blogger T. M. Hunter added...

Or a good reason not to own a television set...

 
At 22/2/07 01:15, Blogger Alphabeter added...

There is a plot bunny.

Now come here!

 
At 22/2/07 20:14, Blogger T. M. Hunter added...

Just think...it could have been a character living in the TV set that killed him...no one would ever know.

 
At 23/2/07 03:27, Blogger Alphabeter added...

Oh you!

Just for that, I'm officially copyrighting that idea...provided I can? !!

I soooo do not need to be up to my waders in plot bunnies right now.

 
At 25/2/07 22:02, Blogger T. M. Hunter added...

Haha...can't copyright an idea...that's how Joss Whedon got away with using a variation on mine...

silly.

I just finished all the edits on FID, so I can take all the little plot bunnies I can catch.

 
At 25/2/07 22:54, Blogger Kay added...

When I read this story my first thought was --what a great plot twist for my next novel. It tottally blew my mind.

Sorry, nobody can "claim" the idea. I plan to use it somehow --it is too good to pass up.

 
At 1/3/07 12:26, Anonymous Anonymous added...

please ignore. Thx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home