Gaffs of Truth


from One Who Creates with Alphabets

13 March 2007

Breaking what worked

I have supported Google for a long time. Both their products and nearly immediately, their stock. I am therefore entitled to complain.

I HATE THE "NEW" BLOGGER/BLOGSPOT!!!!!!


I'm tired of having to sign in repeatedly only to lose posts when it mysteriously logs me out. I'm really fed up with having to save every post and trying to publish it several times before it maybe goes through. Plus the latest trick of eating entire paragraphs and making the punctuation second to a first-grader.

Server Error

The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.

Please try again in 30 seconds.



And what does Google say to the complaints?

*crickets*



Their error messages remind me of the early days of the world wide web back in 1994 when tables was the hot thing. I thought Google was better than that. But since they're not, my money is now officially too good for them. I'm sure they'll miss it.

Addendum: Rather than return me to the control panel page, Google went ahead and posted my message five times--necessitating some deletion. It took me another ten minutes and three error screens to do so.

Before Google demands to be the account for me, perhaps it should be held to account itself.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 15/3/07 11:31, Blogger Frank Baron added...

Yours is exactly the type of experience this techno-phobe feared would happen when the switch was forced (yes, forced I say!) upon me a week ago.

So far though (and it's only been two posts) I haven't had any problems. Possibly because I don't have a fancy layout and use small words because I'm not terribly bright.

 
At 23/5/07 21:30, Blogger T. M. Hunter added...

Apparently, Blogger tracked you down?

 
At 6/6/07 15:34, Blogger Andrew added...

I have found a jerryrigged fix to the problem of being logged out. Sign into Gmail in another window/tab before you start working in Blogger. Gmail will keep you logged on much longer than logging into Blogger directly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home