Gaffs of Truth


from One Who Creates with Alphabets

14 April 2006

Hustle Bustle Toil and ?

I'll admit, I've been a pretty bad poster of late. I used to post on at least one of my blogs every single day. Some blogs would go a few days, but if you checked all the blogs I contribute to, one or more of them was given attention each day. And now I go nearly a week between postings.

I'm not ashamed. I have been very busy with a completely new novel that an agent requested based on my pitch in a query letter. Yes, I know thats a Very Bad Thing. But honestly, its the first time (oh shuddayaup) I've queried for anything less than a completed manuscript or article.

To be fair, the agent asked for ideas. I wrote a nice, brief letter (five paragraphs on one page) with a very rough synopsis of a few sentences. They liked it and replied back "write it". Will they love it and take me on? I don't know. There is no promise of representation based on 'like of idea'.

Add this to the FM novel I'm working on (over two years), the mystical Hannukah book I'm cleaning up for Anna and the two articles series I'm finishing for a contract and I'm a busy lil' typist. I won't even mention the holiday fun. Thank God for cheap Easter chocolate and generic lemon-lime soda.

So what does all of this "oh look at me, I'm so busy" boo-hoo'ing mean? I won't be posting as often as I used to and I felt like sharing why. I don't like leaving people, especially all two of my readers, in the lurch. (See Mom, I'm not ignoring just you.)

However when I return Easter Monday, as fun bonuses, I will have a new blog design (thanks MG), there will be new items in the store and my website will be rebuilt. There will be lots of additions to the various sections. I've finally nailed down a CSS template I like and can work with effectively.

Happy Passover, Happy Easter, Happy weekend. Just get some fresh air.

4 Comments:

At 14/4/06 13:51, Blogger Erik Ivan James added...

And all the same "Happys" to you. Enjoy!

Don't know about where you are, but it's getting close to grill'n time here. There are only a few things better than the first grilled steak of the season (drool).

 
At 15/4/06 16:07, Blogger T. M. Hunter added...

I wish I had a quality excuse for my lack of posts...I generally hit the blog with a new post about once a week.

Now, Hunter, I don't know what the hell his problem is. I haven't seen him post anything new in quite some time.

Have a Happy Easter.

 
At 17/4/06 17:09, Blogger Mindy Tarquini added...

OMG! Good luck with the novel. If you want to run any of it past me, let know.

 
At 18/4/06 07:08, Blogger Erik Ivan James added...

Alphabeter,

Don't hesitate! Take M.G. up on the offer. She'll kick your butt, but with lots of love 'n affection. Those Italian "Mom's" are like that. Ya grow up strong though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home