Gaffs of Truth


from One Who Creates with Alphabets

07 February 2006

I have decided

If I keep making decisions like this, I'm not sure I'll be able to recognize me after awhile!

If I get the super job in Houston and the financial stuff for the house lines up, I'm moving down there.

I have also made some changes in how and when I write.

I get distracted easily when I'm alone. I also like to write in the middle of the night, so when I have questions or other things crop up, there is almost no one to contact (without a slew of profanities and a phone slam).

So I'm going to try a little experiment. I will sleep during the 'night' from around midnight to around 8 am (funny how I need more sleep in the dark). During the day, I will either work at the library or at Panera bread. I can concentrate when there are people and noise and bustle around me. The tough part will be not putting on pounds from all the food at Panera!

Seriously, I think alternating straight writing with no internet access (there is no wireless and hour-at-a-time limit and filters on the public-use computers) at the library and unlimited access to coffee and high-speed wireless at Panera will focus me more. I can mark things to research later while literally not being able to do anything but write. Then at Panera, I can chose to just research or surf around while enjoying a bottomless cup of raw-sugar-filled coffee.

I give it a week. Then I'll either be jittery and nuttier (without the Hazelnut) or pleasantly higher-functioning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home