Gaffs of Truth


from One Who Creates with Alphabets

06 February 2006

I have returned...with news.

What can I say about the last four days? My life has (potentially) been completely upheaved.

I have a plane ticket to Houston, Texas where I have a job interview for a tech position (that I'm waaay over-qualified for) which would be part-time hours for enough money (more than my mother makes after 40 years working) that I could write full-time. I have a line (pre-qualified!) on a house that is bigger than my mother's, grandfather's and my current one combined, which has a pool, a hot tub and an apartment attached to the garage that I could legally rent out. It has three large bedrooms and a game room (or four bedrooms), 3 1/2 bathrooms and some other neat amenities. I won't say anything else that might jinx it.
I have also been corresponding with someone for over a year who would be willing to rent out the apartment and go halfsies on the utilities (no washer/dryer out there nor separate meters).

I could have a neat job, bitchin' house, a (hopefully) cool roommate, and the resources for my best writing career in a matter of weeks.

I would also be away from the area I've lived for most of my entire life, my family, my in-person friends and my overall support system. Almost every thing down there would be completely new to me.

I'm either going to jump into a very big pond and hope I don't drown or things will fall apart and I'll stay in my current comfy puddle.

I'm scared. I'm excited. I only want what is the best for me. But I would still like it all to happen.

4 Comments:

At 6/2/06 14:34, Blogger Kevin Burton Smith added...

Uh, some great sage (possibly Dave Davies of the Kinks) once wrote something like "Truly trust your heart." It seems to work -- you end up not always doing the right thing, but often you do end up doing the good thing.

Besides, life is an adventure. Or it should be. Truly...

(BTW, glad to hear you got that potty-training thing down pat)

 
At 7/2/06 11:39, Blogger Erik Ivan James added...

Ditto Kevin on the trust your heart. I am a believer in there is a reason for everything and have found that more often than not, the heart knows the reason better than the head.

 
At 8/2/06 11:37, Blogger Improper Bostonian added...

You'll be fine. I've had family who have done pretty much similar to what you are contemplating. Leap of faith and like all have said, trust your heart

 
At 9/2/06 12:21, Blogger Mindy Tarquini added...

I've a friend who lives in Houston. Been there. I really liked the town. Go. Good luck. Keep us posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home